|Prep Time||Cook Time||Total Time|
|20m||30m||50m Plus extra time for cooling|
A delicious chocolate brownie recipe with a fudgy gooey center and topped with all your favourite Easter goodies!
- For Brownie
- 165g unsalted butter
- 200g semi sweet chocolate chips
- 2 egg yolks
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 100g brown sugar
- 100g Pure Maple Syrup, Dark Robust
- 3 heaped tablespoons plain flour
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- Pinch of salt
- For Decorations
- 60g white chocolate chips
- 60g semi sweet chocolate chips
- Handful mini chocolate Easter eggs, Cadbury
- 3 chocolate bunnies, Kit Kat
- Preheat the oven to 180C/160C Fan/Gas Mark 4 and line a 20cm square tin.
- Gently melt the butter in a sauce pan. When it is all melted take it off the heat and add the chocolate chips and stir regularly until melted. Set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl whisk the eggs with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Then add the vanilla and carefully add the brown sugar and maple down the sides while mixing.
- Next add the cooled melted butter and chocolate down the sides, whisking continuously and being careful not to knock out the air.
- Sift the dry ingredients in the egg mixture, a little at a time and gently combine, folding them in with a spatula.
- Pour into the prepared tin and bake in the middle shelf of the oven for 25 – 30 minutes, allowing it to still be gooey in the center.
- Cool on a wire rack for about 30 minutes before removing from the tin.
- Allow the brownie to completely cool before decorating. Meanwhile melt the chocolate chips in the microwave, separately. Put them into piping bags and decorate the cooled brownie using a zig zag motion. Arrange the brownie with eggs and bunnies and then cut.