|Prep Time||Cook Time||Total Time|
Take your cupcakes to another level with this delicious maple caramel cupcake recipe and topped with our gourmet maple sea salted popcorn!
- For the Salted Maple Caramel
- 260g Pure Maple Syrup, Dark Robust
- 30g unsalted butter, cubed
- 60ml double cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 210g plain flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 100ml sunflower oil
- 2 eggs
- 200g Pure Maple Syrup, Dark Robust
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 75g sour cream
- 200g unsalted butter, room temperature
- 385g icing sugar, sifted
- 2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon milk
- Sea Salted Maple Popcorn
- For the caramel measure out all the ingredients and have them ready. Put the vanilla in with the cream. Place a candy thermometer on the side of a deep heavy sauce pan. Heat the maple over a medium heat and do not stir. (Be cautious at this stage, as it will bubble rapidly.) Heat until the temperature reaches 107C -110C (225F – 230F). At this point remove from the heat and add the butter. Stir gently and let the butter melt. Then add a little of the cream to the sauce pan and stir in. Slowly add the rest of the cream and vanilla and stir. Next stir in the salt. This can be made the day before. Allow to cool and then refrigerate.
- Preheat the oven to 177C/155C Fan/Gas Mark 4 and line a 12 hole muffin tin.
- Sift together the dry ingredients in a large bowl and whisk the wet ingredients in another bowl, except the sour cream. Add the wet ingredients to the flour mixture and whisk together until combined. Then fold in the sour cream.
- Fill each cupcake case 2/3 full and bake on the middle shelf of the oven for 20 minutes until fully baked and a toothpick comes out clean. Allow to cool for 5 minutes before transferring onto a wire rack.
- Meanwhile cream the butter until light and creamy. Add the icing sugar to the butter a little at a time with the mixer still running on slow. Then add the vanilla and the milk and mix.
- Decorate the cupcakes with a 2D Wilton tip starting from the outside end of the cake and working round towards the middle.
- Drizzle the cakes with the salted maple caramel and top with sea salted maple popcorn.