Pure Maple and Mustard Pulled Pork
This one’s a winner every time…our Pure Maple Sryup mixed with whole grain mustard is a super combination that can’t be beat! Yum!
2kg pork shoulder
50g sea salt
50g dark brown sugar
1 tbsp English mustard powder
125ml Pure Maple Syrup Dark Robust
125g wholegrain mustard
1/2 red onion
1 tsp balsamic vinegar
- The night before, put the pork shoulder in a deep baking tray and rub all over with the salt and sugar mixture. Cover with clingfilm and leave in the fridge overnight.
- The following day wipe down the pork with paper towel and preheat the oven to 140 C. Rub the English mustard on the pork.
- In a small bowl mix together the maple syrup, whole grain mustard and lemon juice from half a lemon and rub about half the mixture on the meat. Grind some black pepper over the meat and place in a warm oven to roast for 6 hours.
- After 6 hours remove from the oven and spoon a couple of tablespoons of marinade over the pork. Return it to the oven to roast for a further hour.
- After cooking allow the meat to rest for at least half an hour, keeping the meat covered with foil.
- In the meantime, chop the onion and fry it in some vegetable oil to soften it for about 5 minutes. Add the rest of the marinade and the balsamic vinegar to the onion. Heat up the marinade and serve it with the meat.