|Prep Time||Cook Time||Total Time|
Pancakes, maple syrup and cinnamon all in one recipe…what more could you want!
- For Pancake Batter
- 2 eggs, separated
- 30g unsalted butter, melted
- 300ml milk
- 1 tablespoon Pure Maple Syrup, Amber Rich, plus extra for serving
- 225g plain flour
- Pinch of salt
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- Vegetable oil for frying
- For Maple Cinnamon Swirl
- 3 teaspoons Pure Maple Butter
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon pancake batter
- Melt the butter and set aside to cool.
- Place the egg whites in a large mixing bowl and whisk until light and fluffy. Meanwhile in another bowl add the egg yolks and maple syrup to the dry ingredients and whisk while adding the milk. The batter will be quite thick. Careful not to over mix.
- Next gently fold in the egg whites, followed by the cooled melted butter.
- Now mix together the maple and cinnamon swirl ingredients. Start with the maple butter and then add the cinnamon and add 1 tbsp of the pancake batter. Mix until smooth. Place this in a piping bag with a small hole cut out at the end.
- Lightly oil a large (non stick) frying pan and place it on medium heat. When it’s hot, spoon the batter in the frying pan. Make a swirl pattern in the pancake batter, starting in the center. Cook the pancake until bubbles start to form on the upper side and then a few burst (1 -2 minutes). Then gently flip the pancake to cook the other side for about 1 minute until golden brown.
- Serve with maple syrup or maple butter.