|Prep Time||Cook Time||Total Time|
Delicious chocolate cupcakes with a subtle coffee flavour and sweetened with our dark robust maple syrup.
- Chocolate Cupcakes
- 210g plain flour
- 45g cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons espresso
- 100ml sunflower oil
- 2 eggs
- 200g Pure Maple Syrup, Dark Robust
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 75g sour cream
- Pink Icing
- 200g unsalted butter, room temperature
- 385g icing sugar, sifted
- 2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon milk
- Pink food colouring
- Preheat the oven to 177C/155C Fan/Gas Mark 4 and line a 12 hole muffin tin.
- Sift together the dry ingredients in a large bowl and whisk the wet ingredients in another bowl. Add the wet ingredients to the flour mixture and mix together with an electric mixer until combined.
- Fill each cupcake case 2/3 full and bake on the middle shelf of the oven for 20 minutes until fully baked and a toothpick comes out clean. Allow to cool for 5 minutes before transferring onto a wire rack.
- Meanwhile cream the butter until light and creamy. Add the icing sugar to the butter a little at a time with the mixer still running on slow. Then add the vanilla and the milk and mix. Next mix in food colouring until well combined. Add a couple of drops of the food colouring until the desired colour is reached.
- Decorate the cupcakes with a 2D Wilton tip starting from the outside end of the cake and working round towards the middle.