|Prep Time||Cook Time||Total Time|
|15m||1h 5m||1h 20m|
Stay warm and cosy this winter with our healthy and deliciously smooth, vegan friendly Roasted Maple Butternut Squash Soup.
- 1 butternut squash, halved and deseeded
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, plus extra for drizzling
- 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 125ml coconut milk, plus extra for drizzling
- 700ml vegetable stock
- 3 tablespoons Pure Maple Syrup, Amber Rich
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh coriander, roughly chopped
- Preheat the oven to 200C/180C Fan/Gas Mark 6 and place the prepared squash on a baking tray. Drizzle with olive oil and roast for up to 50 minutes or until soft.
- Meanwhile fry the chopped onion in 1 tbsp olive oil and margarine in a large sauce pan, over a medium to low heat. Add the spices and chilli pepper, reserving some to use later. Cook for about 15 minutes, until completely softened.
- When the squash is ready, scoop out and add to the sauce pan with the stock and coconut milk. Bring to a bubble and then whizz up with a blender until smooth. Stir in the maple syrup and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with some coconut milk, fresh coriander and chilli pepper.
- This soup is perfect for freezing. Freeze for up to 3 months. Defrost overnight in the fridge and heat through until piping hot.