|Prep Time||Cook Time||Total Time|
The classic French tarte made easy with Pure Maple Syrup and puff pastry. Delicious served with vanilla ice cream!
- 6 apples, peeled, deseeded and quartered
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 140g Pure Maple Syrup, Amber Rich
- 225g puff pastry
- Preheat the oven to 200C/180C Fan/Gas Mark 6. In an ovenproof frying pan add the butter and maple and bring to a bubble. Add the prepared apples and cook until they start to soften.
- Arrange the apples so that the rounded sides are facing down and place the ready rolled pastry on the apples. Tuck in the ends with a palette knife and place in the oven and bake for 25 minutes or until the pastry is cooked and golden brown.
- Place a plate over the pastry and using oven gloves carefully turn over the pan. Take extra caution as hot syrup could spill out and burn.
- Delicious served hot with ice cream or cream.