Maple Barbecue Sauce
|Prep Time||Cook Time||Total Time|
When exposed to heat, maple syrup caramelises beautifully, adding a luscious depth of flavour to your sauce. The result…a mouthwatering glaze that enhances the juiciness of grilled meats and imparts a glossy finish that is visually enticing.
- 180g tomato Ketchup
- 150g Pure Maple Syrup, Dark Robust
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire Sauce
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Salt to taste
- Simply whisk all the ingredients together in a sauce pan and place over a medium heat. Let it come to a bubble and then reduce the heat to low, simmering until it thickens, about 10 minutes.
- Allow it to cool and serve immediately as a dip or use it to marinade your meat before cooking.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to a week.