Maple and Date Oat Cookie Recipe
|Prep Time||Cook Time||Total Time|
These chewy maple and date oat cookies are so delicious and wholesome. They are made with all natural ingredients and take no time to whip up.
A perfect snack with a cup of tea or with a glass of milk for the little ones, when they come home from school.
Replace the butter with coconut oil for a healthy vegan cookie or have some fun and add nuts or coconut flakes to the cookie mix.
- 110g unsalted butter
- 110g dates
- 125g self raising flour
- 110g porridge oats
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 80g Pure Maple Syrup, Amber Rich
- Preheat the oven to 170C/Fan 150C/Gas Mark 4 and line a baking tray with greaseproof paper.
- Melt the butter and allow to cool.
- Chop the dates into 1cm pieces and add them to the dry ingredients.
- Add the maple syrup to the melted butter.
- Combine all the ingredients together to make a cookie mixture.
- Make walnut size balls and place them spaced out on the baking tray. Gently press down on the cookie mixture with your fingers to slightly flatten them.
- Bake the maple and date oat cookies on the middle shelf of the oven for 10 – 15 minutes. Transfer a wire rack to cool.