|Prep Time||Cook Time||Total Time|
|30m||2h||2h 30m Plus additional time|
Thanksgiving is over but we’re using up the last of our pumpkin in this delicious maple pumpkin cheesecake recipe.
- For the base
- 200g digestive biscuits
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon Pure Maple Syrup, Dark Robust
- 70g melted butter
- 235g cream cheese, room temperature
- 250ml Pure Maple Syrup, Dark Robust
- 375ml sour cream
- 125ml double cream
- 250ml pumpkin puree
- 4 tablespoon plain flour
- 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- pinch of ground cloves
- pinch of salt
- 4 eggs
- Line a 9 inch springform tin with parchment paper and preheat the oven 180C/ 160C Fan/ Gas Mark 4.
- In a food processor, add the biscuits and ginger and blitz until you have a fine crumb. Add the maple syrup and a little of the melted butter at a time using the pulse action. Place the crumb in the tin and with the back of a spoon press down on the crumb and smooth out. Place in the oven for 10 minutes and afterwards place on a wire rack to cool.
- Meanwhile start to prepare the filling. Using a stand alone mixer start to mix the cream cheese and slowly add the maple syrup. Then add the other dairy ingredients and pumpkin mixing well after each addition. Now add the flour 1 tablespoon at a time, followed by the spices and salt. Using a spatula, scrape the bottom of the bowl to make sure all has mixed in well. Finally add 1 egg at a time but be careful at this stage not to over mix. Again, using the spatula scrape the bottom to mix well before adding the next egg.
- Now return to the spring form tin and line the outside well with foil (2 sheets may be required) as the cheesecake will be baked in a water bath (bain marie) to create a gentle and uniform heat.
- Place the wrapped tin in a deep baking tray with about 3 cm of hot water and start to pour the filling in the tin. Bake in the centre of the oven for 1 hour. After 1 hour, turn off the oven and leave the cheesecake in the warm oven for another hour.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool before placing in the fridge for at least 4 hours or overnight before taking out of the springform tin.