|Prep Time||Cook Time||Total Time|
This fab banana and blueberry french toast recipe, is definitely one that you must try! Originally from a Jamie Oliver recipe.
Makes 3 french toast sandwiches
- 1 ripe banana ⠀
- Handful of blueberries, reserve some for serving ⠀
- 2 eggs ⠀
- 1 teaspoon vanilla ⠀
- 50ml milk ⠀
- 6 slices of white bread ⠀
- Vegetable oil, for frying
- Serve with Pure Maple Syrup, Amber Rich
- In a bowl, mash the banana and some of the blueberries, reserving a few for later. ⠀
- In another bowl beat the eggs, vanilla and the milk.
- Dip the slices of bread in the egg and milk mixture. Lay them on a tray and spoon one third of the banana and blueberry mash evenly on a piece of bread for each sandwich. Then place another slice of eggy bread over it to finish the sandwich.
- Lightly oil a non stick frying pan and fry the french toast sandwich over a medium heat, using a spatula to press down on the bread. Fry each side for about 2 minutes until golden in colour.
- Serve with yogurt, blueberries and drizzled with maple syrup.