|Prep Time||Cook Time||Total Time|
The perfect autumnal treat…
Maple, pumpkin and cinnamon all in one muffin and with a crumble topping!
- 225g plain flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3 eggs
- 350g pumpkin puree
- 125ml sunflower oil
- 195g Pure Maple Syrup, Dark Robust
- For Crumble Topping
- 30g plain flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 18g unsalted butter, room temperature
- 18g demerara sugar
- Preheat the oven to 180C/160C Fan/Gas Mark 4 and line a 12 hole muffin tin. If you have another muffin tin line it with 2 more muffin cases.
- Begin with making the crumble topping. Mix the flour, cinnamon and butter with your fingers until it resembles fine breadcrumbs. Mix in the sugar until it forms clumps.
- In a bowl add all the dry ingredients and whisk.
- In another bowl add the pumpkin and maple and beat with an electric mixer. Then add the oil and 1 egg at a time mixing well between additions. Finally add the flour mixture in portions. Reduce the speed on the mixer and mix until all combined. Spoon out the mixture into the lined muffin cases and top with some crumble. Bake for 20 – 25 minutes until risen and golden.