|Prep Time||Cook Time||Total Time|
|15m||14m||29m Plus additional time|
These chewy and moist cookies with Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup spiders are a must for peanut butter lovers!
An easy little treat to make for Halloween.
Makes 23 cookies
- 300g plain flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 200g unsalted butter, room temperature
- 180g caster sugar
- 150g Pure Maple Syrup, Dark Robust
- 1 egg
- 385g peanut butter
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 23 Mini Reece’s Peanut Butter Cups or large Chocolate Buttons
- 100g dark chocolate, broken into small pieces
- 46 candied eyes
- Whisk together the dry ingredients. In a mixer, cream the butter at medium speed and then add the sugar until smooth and creamy. Add the maple syrup a little at a time while the mixer is running. Mix until well combined. Then beat in the vanilla and peanut butter until incorporated. Add the egg and mix until well combined. Finally add the dry ingredients and reduce speed to slow until flour is no longer visible. Remember to scrap down the sides in-between additions. The mixture needs to be refrigerated for 1 hr.
- Line 2 baking trays with parchment paper and preheat the oven to 175C/155C Fan/Gas Mark 4. Scoop out each cookie dough portion with an ice cream scoop. Place in the preheated oven and bake for 7 minutes then take the trays out and tap them hard on a heat proof surface and place back in the oven. This will make the cookies flatter. Repeat this tapping step after 5 minutes and again 2 minutes later, after finally taking them out of the oven. Bake for up to 14 minutes until golden. Cool on the tray for about 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack.
- When the cookies have completely cooled, melt the chocolate in the microwave. Place in a piping bag and pipe 8 spider legs with a little blob in the middle. Place the Reece’s Pieces in the middle and stick the candied eyes with the melted chocolate. Allow to set.