|Prep Time||Cook Time||Total Time|
You’ll love this pumpkin french toast recipe! It’s like eating pumpkin pie for breakfast!
- For Pumpkin French Toast
- 140g pumpkin puree
- 3 eggs
- 3 tablespoons double cream
- 2 tablespoons Pure Maple Syrup, Amber Rich plus extra for serving
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 8 slices white bread
- Sunflower oil for frying
- For Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon all spice
- Mix together all the pumpkin spices in a small bowl and store in a small jar.
- In a shallow casserole dish, mix together all the french toast ingredients except the bread and oil.
- Place a frying pan over medium heat and add some oil. Next dip both sides of the bread in the pumpkin mixture until well coated. Fry each side for about 2 minutes until just starting to brown around the edges. Keep the cooked french toast in a warm oven while frying the other pieces of bread.
- Serve with a drizzle of pure maple syrup and enjoy!