|Prep Time||Cook Time||Total Time|
|20m||15m||35m Plus additional time|
Pfeffernüsse Spice Biscuits have a warm blend of spices perfect for Christmas time. We’ve added 100% natural maple syrup to our spiced biscuits.
Makes 30 cookies
- For the biscuits
- 140g Pure Maple Syrup, Dark Robust
- 80g muscovado sugar
- 65g unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon all spice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 egg
- 350g plain flour
- For the glaze
- 180g icing sugar, plus extra for dusting
- 3 1/2 tablespoons water
- Preheat the oven to 180C/160C Fan/Gas Mark 4 and line 2 baking trays.
- Gently heat the butter and sugar in a large sauce pan and stir until sugar has dissolved. Then stir in the maple and the spices and set aside until it cools slightly.
- When just warm to touch, add the milk, baking soda, and egg and whisk. Add the flour and salt. Mix to form a dough. Refrigerate for an hour. Form small round balls (about 3cm in diameter) and space well on the baking trays. Bake for 12 -15 minutes until well browned on the bottom. Rotate the trays half way through the baking time. Cool on a wire rack.
- Mix together the icing sugar with water until the glaze is smooth and thick. Dip each biscuit in the glaze and sit on the rack to dry. When the icing has dried, dust with icing sugar (optional).