|Prep Time||Cook Time||Total Time|
Our french toast recipe made with brioche and topped with maple caramelized bananas is so simple and delicious you’ll want to have it all the time.
- For french toast
- 3 eggs
- 60ml milk
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons Pure Maple Syrup, Amber Rich, plus extra for drizzling
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 6 slices brioche, sliced
- Butter for frying
- Icing sugar for dusting
- For the caramelized bananas
- 2 bananas, sliced
- 2 teaspoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons Pure Maple Syrup, Amber Rich
- Pinch of cinnamon
- Place the butter in a non stick frying pan and put the pan over a medium heat. Preheat the oven to 150C/Fan 130C/Gas Mark 2.
- Meanwhile in a bowl whisk together the ingredients for the french toast. Then transfer the egg mixture into a shallow dish and dip the bread in the mixture, coating both sides of the bread.
- Fry the bread until golden brown and turn over to fry the other side. (Once the french toast is ready put it on a plate and keep covered in the oven while frying the rest of the french toast.)
- When finished wipe the pan clean and use it to make the caramelized bananas. Add the butter to the pan. When it’s melted add the maple and some cinnamon. Let it come to a bubble and place the banana slices in the pan. Cook for 1 1/2 – 2 minutes and turn over the slices of banana and cook the other side. When the caramelized bananas are ready, arrange them on the french toast and dust with icing sugar. Drizzle with some pure maple syrup and serve.