|Prep Time||Cook Time||Total Time|
Here’s a little twist to the traditional scones. Our scones are sweetened with 100% pure maple syrup, filled with blueberries and finished off with a drizzle of maple.
Best served warm and also lovely warmed up in the microwave the next day!
- 270g self raising flour
- Pinch of salt
- 60g unsalted butter, cold
- 30g Pure Maple Syrup, Amber Rich plus a little extra
- 150ml semi skimmed milk
- 160g blueberries
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons Pure Maple Butter Spread
- Preheat the oven to 220C/200C Fan/Gas Mark 7 and line a baking tray.
- Cut the cold butter into little cubes and rub into the flour and salt until it resembles breadcrumbs.
- Mix together 30g maple syrup with the milk and add it with the blueberries to the flour and butter mixture stirring with a spatula until it forms a dough, being careful not to overwork the dough.
- Place the dough onto a slightly floured surface and form into a round disc shape about 2.5cm thick. Cut into 8 equal pie shape pieces and place well spaced onto the baking tray.
- Whisk the egg and brush over the top of the scones. Place in the middle shelf of the oven for 12 minutes or until golden in colour.
- Meanwhile mix together the maple butter with about 1 teaspoon of maple syrup until you have a runny mixture. Drizzle over the warm scones and enjoy!