|Prep Time||Cook Time||Total Time|
Although we love banana bread, it’s always fun to try something new when you want to use up any ripe bananas. These Matcha and Banana Muffins with White Chocolate Chunks are amazing; made with olive oil and sweetened with just 100% natural maple syrup, make them a healthy treat for breakfast or anytime of the day.
- 225g self raising flour, sifted
- 2 tablespoons matcha powder, sifted
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 175g Pure Maple Syrup, Dark Robust
- 75ml olive oil
- 150ml buttermilk
- 3 ripe bananas, puréed
- 125g white chocolate, chopped into small chunks
- Preheat the oven to 180C/160C Fan/Gas Mark 4 and place 10 -12 cases (depending on how big the cases are) in a muffin tin.
- Sift all the dry ingredients into a large bowl and in another bowl, lightly whisk the wet ingredients.
- Stir the dry ingredients and make a well in the centre. Add the wet ingredients and gently whisk, being careful not to over mix as this could make the muffins tough.
- Blitz the bananas in a processor and stir them in.
- Finally stir in the white chocolate chunks and evenly pour into the lined muffin tin about 2/3 full.
- Bake for 20 – 25 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean.