|Prep Time||Cook Time||Total Time|
These gooey Salted Matcha Brownies have a light earthy flavour and have the perfect balance of sweet and salty.
- 85g unsalted butter
- 110g white chocolate, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons matcha powder, sifted
- 3 eggs, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 200g Pure Maple Syrup, Dark Robust
- 110g plain flour, sifted
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt flakes to sprinkle on top of brownies
- Heat the butter in a pan on high heat to melt. Then reduce the heat to low, to slightly brown the butter. When you start to see little brown bits forming, take it off the heat. Add the chopped white chocolate and stir it until it completely melts. Then sift the matcha powder in and mix until smooth. Set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl using a hand held mixer whisk the eggs, maple syrup and vanilla until light and fluffy.
- Slowly pour the cooled chocolate mix down the side of the bowl and continue whisking until all incorporated.
- Finally sift the flour in stages and fold into the mixture. Pour into the prepared tin and spread the mixture evenly. Bake for 20 minutes and remove from the oven. Tap the tin gently to release some of the air for a more dense brownie and sprinkle the top with salt flakes. Place back in the oven for about 10 minutes, careful not to over bake.
- Cool on a wire rack for about 10 minutes before lifting out. Then leave to cool completely before cutting into squares.