|Prep Time||Cook Time||Total Time|
We are always trying new pancake recipes in our house and love this Lemon and Blueberry Ricotta Pancake Recipe!
- 225g plain flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs, separated
- 30g unsalted butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon Pure Maple Syrup, Amber Rich, plus extra for serving
- 245ml milk
- 200g ricotta cheese
- Zest from 1 lemon
- Handful of blueberries, plus extra for serving
- Oil for frying
- Preheat the oven to 160C/Fan 140C/Gas Mark 3.
- In a large bowl add the flour, baking soda and salt. Separate the egg yolks and whites into 2 different bowls, using a larger bowl for the egg whites. Now whisk the egg whites until light and fluffy and set aside.
- Meanwhile whisk the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. Then stir in the ricotta cheese, lemon zest and blueberries.
- Finally fold in the egg whites and heat up your frying pan.
- When the pan is hot, pour in a large spoonful of batter and cook until bubbles start to form and it is golden brown on the reverse side. This takes up to 1m 30s as the pancake batter is quite thick. Flip the pancake and cook the other side. Once both sides are browned, place in an oven proof dish and cover with foil and put it in the oven while cooking the remaining pancakes. This ensures the pancakes are cooked right through.
- Serve with Pure Maple Syrup and blueberries. Makes 8 fluffy pancakes.