Maple and Bacon Brussel Sprouts Recipe
|Prep Time||Cook Time||Total Time|
Brussel sprouts might not be everyone’s favourite part of the Christmas dinner but we’re sure you’ll love these, cooked with maple syrup and bacon.
- 350g brussel sprouts, trimmed and outer leaves removed
- 5 pieces of streaky bacon rashers
- 2 tablespoons Pure Maple Syrup, Amber Rich
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Black pepper
- Bring a pan of water to boil and add the trimmed sprouts. Boil for 3 – 4 minutes until nearly tender and then add the sprouts to a large bowl of ice water. Allow to cool, then drain and cut in half.
- Cut the bacon into bite size pieces. Heat a large frying pan with the oil and fry the bacon and when it’s lightly browned pour off excess fat. Add the maple syrup to the bacon and cook for a couple of minutes over low heat to caramelize. Then add the sprouts and cook for a few minutes to heat through.
- Place on a serving dish and season with black pepper.