Ginger, Cherry and Maple Florentines Recipe
|Prep Time||Cook Time||Total Time|
These Ginger, Cherry and Maple Florentines are inspired by the Great British Bake Off. They are delicately sweetened with our 100% natural maple syrup and have a light ginger and nutty flavour.
Makes 22 biscuits.
- 100g flaked almonds
- 65g pistachios, chopped
- 25g flaked coconut
- 130g glacé cherries, chopped
- 65g stem ginger in syrup, drained and chopped
- 70g unsalted butter
- 120g Pure Maple Syrup, Amber Rich
- 2 tablespoons double cream
- 40g plain flour
- Pinch of salt
- 150g dark chocolate chips
- 30g white chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 200C/180C Fan/Gas Mark 6 and line 2 baking trays with parchment paper.
- On another tray place the almond flakes and chopped pistachio nuts, in a single layer. Toast in the oven for 4 minutes and then add the coconut flakes and toast for a further 3 minutes together. Set aside.
- Gently melt the butter over a medium heat, add the maple syrup and cook until the mixture begins to bubble. Then add the flour, salt and cream and whisk well. Transfer to a large bowl and add the toasted nuts and fruit. Mix well.
- Place an oiled round 8cm cookie cutter on the lined tray and add 1 tablespoon full of the florentine mix. Flatten the mix with the back of a spoon and repeat.
- Bake the florentines for 9 – 10 minutes until golden brown on the middle shelf and repeat until all the biscuits are baked. Leave to cool.
- Meanwhile melt the dark chocolate in a bowl over a pan of simmering water, stirring regularly. Do not let the bowl touch the water.
- Dip the cooled biscuits in the chocolate and place them chocolate side up on the baking tray.
- Now melt the white chocolate following the same method. Fill a piping bag with the melted white chocolate and cut the tip of the piping bag to make a small opening. Decorate the biscuits and leave them on the tray to set.