Apple Maple Muffins with Crumble Topping Recipe
|Prep Time||Cook Time||Total Time|
These apple maple muffins with crumble topping are a great way to start your day, make a tasty snack after school or a healthy option for the lunchbox.
- 80g dates, chopped
- 200g unsalted butter
- 3 eggs
- 150g Pure Maple Syrup, Amber Rich
- 200g self raising flour
- 2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 apple, peeled and chopped
- 15g butter, cold
- 25g plain flour
- 15g maple sugar or brown sugar
- Preheat the oven to 190C/ 170C Fan/ Gas Mark 5 and line a 12 hole muffin tin.
- Put the chopped dates into a jug and pour boiling water over them to just cover them. Leave for a minute to soften and then puree. Melt the butter and set both aside to cool.
- Beat the eggs until light and fluffy, add the maple syrup and beat until mixed well. Then stir in the melted butter.
- In another bowl sift the dry ingredients. Add a little of the dry ingredients at a time to the egg mixture and fold in gently with a spatula. Then fold the fruit in and spoon equally into the muffin tin.
- Next, make the crumble topping. Cut the butter in small pieces. In a bowl add the crumble topping ingredients and rub them together with your fingers until it resembles coarse crumb.
- Sprinkle this over the muffins and bake for 25 minutes on the middle shelf. Cool the apple maple muffins wth crumble topping on a wire rack.