Lemon and Blueberry Buttermilk Pancake Recipe
|Prep Time||Cook Time||Total Time|
These super fluffy pancakes are so delicious, bursting with blueberries and a gorgeous lemony flavour, like eating cake for breakfast.
We’ve topped our pancake stack with Pure Maple Butter, strawberries, lemon zest, dusted with icing sugar and served with a drizzle of our Pure Maple Syrup, Amber Rich.
This recipe makes about 7-8 pancakes.
- 225g plain flour
- 2 1/2 tsp baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 2 eggs, separated
- 300ml buttermilk
- 1 tsp Pure Maple Syrup, Amber Rich
- 30g melted butter
- zest of 1 lemon
- 150g blueberries
- oil for frying
- Pure Maple Syrup, Amber Rich and Pure Maple Butter for serving
- Add the flour, baking powder and salt to a large mixing bowl followed by the egg yolks (place egg whites into another large mixing bowl and set aside), buttermilk, cooled melted butter and maple syrup. Whisk well to combine.
- Next stir in the blueberries and grated lemon zest.
- Whisk the egg whites until light and fluffy and soft peaks form.
- Add the egg whites to the pancake batter and gently fold into the batter to combine.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan over medium heat. When the pan is hot add a ladle full of batter and cook until bubbles start to form in the batter then turn over carefully to cook the other side. Cook each side for about a minute.