Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe
|Prep Time||Cook Time||Total Time|
plus 20 minutes in the fridge
Chocolate chip cookies are a favourite in our household. These cookies have a soft and chewy centre. They’re perfect with a cup of tea or dunked in a glass milk. A great recipe to get the kids involved in the kitchen.
- 110g unsalted butter, room temperature
- 80g Pure Maple Syrup, Amber Rich
- 60g maple sugar or brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- 180g plain flour
- 15g corn starch
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 170g chocolate chips
- Lightly cream the softened butter with the sugar and then add the maple syrup. Continue to blend for about a minute in the mixer.
- Whisk the egg and the vanilla in another bowl and add to the butter mixture. Be careful not to over mix.
- Meanwhile place the dry ingredients in a separate bowl except for the chocolate chips. Add the wet ingredients to the the flour and combine with a spatula. Finally add the chocolate chips to the dough.
- Chill the cookie dough for about 20 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 180C/160C fan/gas mark 4 and line 2 large baking trays with parchment paper. Using an ice cream scoop to form the cookie, place the cookie on the lined tray, allowing plenty of space between them.
- Bake for 12 minutes and cool on a wire rack.