Finally Pancake Day is just around the corner and we can barely contain our excitement! What could be better than having light fluffy pancakes, drizzled in the natural goodness of Pure Maple Syrup for dinner?
We’ve been trailing and testing different recipes for some time now and we think we’ve cracked it, the perfect American style pancakes are just a few easy steps away…
You can experiment with different flavour combinations by swapping the vanilla for cinnamon powder, adding chocolate chips or blueberries to the batter. Then it’s time to get creative with the toppings! Crisp streaky bacon, classic lemon, ice-cream, fresh berries, or enjoy the taste of Pure Maple Syrup on its own.
Make sure you tweet your pancake creations to @realmaplesyrup
225g plain flour
1 tbsp baking powder
1 tsp maple sugar or white caster sugar
Pinch of salt
2 eggs separated
30g melted butter
1tsp vanilla extract
Vegetable oil for cooking
- Weigh out your dry ingredients and sift into a large bowl.
- Melt the butter and put aside to cool.
- Separate the eggs and whisk the egg whites to form stiff peaks.
- Combine the egg yolks with the other wet ingredients (apart from the egg whites) in a large jug or bowl.
- Gradually add the wet ingredient mixture to the dry ingredients until they’re well incorporated and a thick batter is formed.
- Carefully fold in the egg whites into the pancake mixture.
- Heat a little oil in a non-stick pan at medium heat.
- Add a small ladle of pancake mix to the hot frying pan and turn the pancake when it starts to form bubbles on top. This usually takes about a minute to cook on the other side.