Vegan maple cinnamon doughnuts
We’ve been busy recently whipping up some delicious maple syrup inspired recipes for everyone to try themselves at home. This week, vegan doughnuts – a wonderful treat to make for friends and family over Christmas!
(If you want to convert the measurements from cups to grams, you can do so here)
1 cup of flour
3 tsp baking powder
3/4 cup of almond/soy milk
3/4 tbsp of Pure Maple Syrup
Vanilla extract (optional)
1 part maple sugar
1 part cinnamon
- Place all the doughnut ingredients together in a bowl and whisk them together until blended.
- Lightly grease a doughnut pan with oil.
- Scoop or pipe the doughnut batter into the pan, making sure to fill up two-thirds of the pan.
- Bake for 15 minutes in an oven heated to 180°C.
- Whilst the doughnuts are baking, thoroughly mix together the maple sugar and cinnamon.
- Once baked, leave the doughnuts to cool in the tin for around 10/15 minutes to cool.
- Lightly spray each doughnut with a little oil and roll it in the maple/cinnamon sugar to create a delicious coating!
Be sure to tweet your maple syrup creations to @realmaplesyrup so we can see what tasty treats you’ve been making.