|Prep Time||Cook Time||Total Time|
The simplest dessert to make but always so delicious…
Our maple rhubarb and apple crumble is perfect served with custard or ice cream.
- 300g rhubarb
- 390g apples, Granny Smith
- 110g Pure Maple Syrup, Amber Rich
- Zest of 1 orange
- 200g plain flour
- 100g unsalted butter, refrigerated and cut into cubes
- 55g maple sugar or brown sugar
- Preheat the oven to 200C/180C/Gas Mark 6.
- Cut the rhubarb into 6cm pieces and cut the apple into similar size chunks.
- Place the fruit in a large shallow ovenproof dish. Add the orange zest and maple syrup to the fruit and mix well.
- In a food processor add the flour and the butter. Blitz until it resembles fine breadcrumbs then stir in the sugar.
- Place this over the fruit and spread out evenly.
- Bake for up to 30 – 35 minutes.
- Serve with custard or ice cream.