Maple Cookie Brownie Recipe
|Prep Time||Cook Time||Total Time|
A rich chocolate brownie that’s fudgy and gooey with chunks of delicious maple cookies.
- Preheat the oven to 180C/160C Fan/Gas Mark 4 and line a 20cm baking tray.
- Gently melt the butter in a sauce pan, take off the heat and then stir in the chocolate. Continue to stir until all the chocolate has melted and set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl, whisk the egg yolks and vanilla until light fluffy. Slowly add the maple syrup down the side of the bowl, to keep the mixture fluffy and continue to whisk. Add the chocolate mixture down the side, being careful not to knock out any of the air in the egg mixture.
- Meanwhile in another bowl, whisk the egg whites until peaks have formed and it is also light and fluffy. Set aside.
- Next sift the dry ingredients into the mixture and fold in carefully. Then fold in 2/3 of the broken cookies.
- Finally, fold in the fluffy egg whites. Pour the brownie mixture into the lined tin and place the remaining cookies over the top, slightly pushing them into the thick batter.
- Bake in the middle shelf of the oven for 25 – 30 minutes leaving them gooey in the centre. Cool on a wire rack and cut into 16 squares. Serve with vanilla ice cream.