Roasted Butternut Squash with Chilli Pepper and Maple Syrup Recipe
|Prep Time||Cook Time||Total Time|
It’s beginning to feel very autumnal now and we’re craving some comfort foods. We’ve got a super easy recipe that you’ll fall in love with!
This roasted butternut squash, sweetened with maple syrup and the heat of a chilli pepper tastes amazing with a hearty stew.
- 1 butternut squash
- A few sprigs of thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1 red chilli pepper, deseeded and finely chopped
- 1 1/2 tablespoons of olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 100g Pure Maple Syrup, Amber Rich
- Preheat the oven at 200C/180C Fan/Gas Mark 6.
- Halve and discard the seeds from the butternut squash. Place it on a baking tray and sprinkle with cinnamon, sprigs of thyme, chilli pepper and season with salt and pepper. Add a little olive oil and bake for 40 – 45 minutes until soft.
- After removing from the oven, drizzle some maple syrup and serve as a side with a stew.