Maple Plum Pie Recipe
|Prep Time||Cook Time||Total Time|
|40m including chilling||30m||1h 10m|
It’s always been a tradition in our house, to bake plum pie at the end of every summer. We sweetened our plum pie with Pure Maple Syrup and it’s absolutely gorgeous!
- 225g plain flour
- 100g unsalted cold butter, cut into cubes
- Pinch of salt
- 2 – 3 tablespoons of cold water
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon maple sugar or demerara sugar
- 750g ripe plums
- 1 tablespoon corn flour
- 65g Pure Maple Syrup, Amber Rich
- Icing sugar for dusting
- Begin with the pastry; in a food processor, add the flour, butter, salt and blitz until you have a mixture that resembles breadcrumbs. Add a little water at a time while using the pulse action on the processor, until the dough starts to form. Wrap the dough in clingfilm and place in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven 200C/180C Fan/Gas Mark 6. Slice the plums and place them in a bowl. Coat them in the corn flour and the maple syrup.
- Cut a large piece of greaseproof paper and dust with flour. Roll out the pastry on the greasepaper to about 3mm thickness. Trim around the edge to make a neat circle.
- Arrange the the fruit neatly on the pastry, leaving a 4cm border. Fold over the pastry and brush with the beaten egg. Sprinkle the sugar and transfer the pie onto a baking tray. Pour any remaining fruit juice from the bowl onto the fruit and place on the middle shelf of the oven . Bake for 30 minutes, rotating occasionally to get an even colour.
- Remove from the oven and dust with icing sugar. Serve with ice cream, cream or crème fraîche.