|Prep Time||Cook Time||Total Time|
Banana bread is always a winner but this one is extra special made with our delicious maple syrup. You’ll love it! Have some fun and add some blueberries, nuts or chocolate chips.
- 100g unsalted butter, softened
- 50g muscovado sugar
- 100g Pure Maple Syrup, Dark Robust
- 225g self raising flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 4 eggs
- 4 ripe bananas
- Handful of oats to sprinkle on top
- Preheat the oven to 180C/160C Fan/Gas Mark 6 and line a 2 pound loaf tin.
- In a mixer, beat the butter until light and pale. Add the sugar and mix well then add the maple syrup slowly. Occasionally use a spatula to scrap the sides and bottom of the bowl, making sure all ingredients have combined well.
- In a separate bowl measure out the dry ingredients apart from the oats. In another bowl add the eggs and whisk well.
- Add the eggs and dry ingredients to the butter and maple syrup mixture alternating between each addition.
- Cut one of the bananas in thirds, lengthwise. Reserve 2 of the pieces to decorate the top and mash the other with the other 3 bananas. Add the mashed bananas to the the mixture, folding gently and pour into the prepared tin.
- Decorate the top with the 2 long banana slices and sprinkle a few oats.
- Place in the middle shelf of the oven and bake for 50 – 55 minutes, until springy to touch and a toothpick comes out clean.
- Place on a wire rack and leave to cool in the tin for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the tin and allow to cool before enjoying with a cup of tea!