Refined Sugar Free Flapjacks Recipe
|Prep Time||Cook Time||Total Time|
We made these gorgeous flapjacks last night with just our delicious and natural maple syrup as a sweetener. As an extra treat we drizzled some salted maple caramel on top.
After many requests for the recipe, we thought we’d share it on our website. Hope you enjoy them as much as we do.
- Preheat the oven to 180C/160C Fan/Gas Mark 4 and line a 17cm x 17cm tin with parchment paper.
- Gently heat the butter in a sauce pan to melt. Remove from the heat and add the maple syrup and oats and mix well.
- Tip the mixture into the prepared tin and use the back of a spoon to flatten and smooth the flapjack mixture.
- Bake in the oven for about 30 minutes until golden brown.
- Meanwhile begin to make the caramel sauce by placing all the ingredients except for the salt in a clean sauce pan and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat and whisk continuously until sauce thickens, about 10 minutes. Add the desired amount of salt and set aside.
- When the flapjacks are ready, remove from the oven and cool for 5 minutes and then mark out 12 flapjacks.
- Allow to cool completely before cutting into bars and drizzle with salted maple caramel sauce.