Royal Wedding Pure Maple Coffee Cupcakes Recipe
|Prep Time||Cook Time||Total Time|
We are getting excited for the big day! So here is our contribution to the “transatlantic marriage”.
- Grease and line a cupcake tin with butter and preheat the oven to 180C/160C Fan/ Gas Mark 4.
- Cream the softened butter in mixer at medium speed until pale and creamy then add the maple syrup gradually. Using a spatula every now and then scrape the mixture from the sides into the middle. Continue mixing until the butter and maple syrup combine to give a creamy mixture.
- Weigh out the flour into another bowl and add a pinch of salt.
- Add the egg yolks one at a time to the maple butter mixture and combine well, alternating with sieved flour.
- Dissolve the coffee granules in the hot water and add this slowly to the above mixture.
- Whisk the egg whites to form stiff peaks and fold this into the cake mixture.
- Spoon the cake mixture into the cupcake tin about 2/3 full.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- While cakes are in the oven start the buttercream by whipping up the butter then gradually add the icing sugar, sieving it with each addition. Then add 1 tbsp of maple syrup and milk.
- When the cakes are baked place them on a wire rack and leave them for 5 minutes before removing them from the tin. Allow them to cool completely before icing.
- Cut the cakes in half, fit a star nozzle on the end of a piping bag. Sandwich the 2 halves together and then decorate the top of each cake with swirls.