|Prep Time||Cook Time||Total Time|
It’s time to get ready for Pancake Day with these yummy, fluffy pancakes and our delicious Pure Maple Syrup…also lovely with our Pure Maple Butter!
This recipe makes 8 – 9 large pancakes.
- 2 eggs, separated
- 30g unsalted butter, melted
- 300ml milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon Pure Maple Syrup, Amber Rich, plus extra for serving
- 225g plain flour
- Pinch of salt
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- Vegetable oil for frying
- Top with your choice of fruit
- Melt the butter and set aside to cool.
- Place the egg whites in a large mixing bowl and whisk until light and fluffy. Meanwhile in another bowl whisk the egg yolks, milk, vanilla, maple syrup and cooled butter.
- Place the dry ingredients in a large bowl and make a well in the center. Slowly pour the the egg yolk mixture into the center and gently whisk with the flour to combine. Continue to add a little more egg mixture at a time, until it turns into a thick batter. Careful not to over mix.
- Now add the fluffy egg whites to the batter and using a spatula fold into the mixture.
- Lightly oil a large (non stick) frying pan and place it on medium heat. When it’s hot, spoon the batter in the frying pan. Cook the pancake until bubbles start to form on the upper side and then a few burst (1 -2 minutes). Then gently flip the pancake to cook the other side for about 1 minute until golden brown.
- Serve with fruit, maple syrup or maple butter.